FREE ESTIMATES BY ASAP PLUMBING 904-346-1266
Water Conservation Tips
Water conservation is extremely important. Learn some ways you can do your part with the following conservation and green plumbing tips:
- Don’t use excessive amounts of detergents, bleach or chemicals that may kill the natural bacteria in your septic system.
- Use biodegradable soaps and detergents.
- To prevent excessive watering of your lawn in the summertime, purchase an inexpensive spring-loaded timer that attaches directly to your outside faucet. This will prevent overwatering in case you forget to shut off the sprinkler.
- Water pressure in your home above 60 pounds per square inch is harmful to your plumbing system and will cause excessive water usage. Contact your local water authority to find out what the water pressure is on your street. If it exceeds 60 pounds, consider installing a pressure-reducing valve that will limit the water pressure within your home.
- Check your water meter during a period of time when no water is being used. Make a note of the meter reading and check it 8 to 10 hours later. If the meter has moved, there is an indication that you may have an undetected water leak, which should be corrected.
- Leaky toilets consume more than 40% of your total water usage. Installation of a new toilet flapper and fill valve will keep your toilet running efficiently.
FREE ESTIMATES BY
ASAP PLUMBING 904-346-1266
S.3021 – America’s Water Infrastructure Act of 2018115th Congress (2017-2018)
metro area jax
tank pump out